The goals of the PGP are intended to compliment the work undertaken by the four cities in North DeKalb (Brookhaven, Chamblee, Dunwoody and Doraville) as well as the DeKalb County government. There are needs in North DeKalb that require the deliberate coordination of local governments, business organizations and other entities. The PGP is seeking to support the overall coordination and improvement of North DeKalb.
The PGP will undertake the following goals:
- 1. Improve transportation planning coordination between PGP municipalities. A primary PGP goal will be to further a work program around building a coordinated trail network. Consider connections of the Peachtree Creek Greenway trail to advance the overall PGP trail network vision.
- 2. Support coordinated North Dekalb cities policy – fire station, etc.
- 3. Data and noted resources on North DeKalb cities and economy
- 4. Outline PGP marketing including key messages, materials, a social event and website
- 5. Undertake events for North DeKalb municipal leaders, key public entities, etc.
- 6. Support the investigation and creation of a Community Improvement District (CID).
- 7. Support the coordination of PGP municipalities planning and services.
- 8. Organize to focus on: 1) Implementation of transportation projects/trails; 2) Branding/marketing coordination; 2) Land use, zoning and housing coordination.